- Creating an environment that fosters job growth for the underemployed, unskilled, undereducated, chronically unemployed and long time unemployed;
- Focusing on sustaining current jobs by supporting the national labor movement (i.e. trade agreements and bargaining rights); and
- Promoting infrastructure projects as a method to create jobs.
- Eradicating childhood obesity;
- Increasing access to healthy foods, especially in underserved communities;
- Decreasing the rate of hunger, especially among children and seniors; and
- Bringing fresh food to cities through non-traditional farming (i.e. urban farming).
- Safeguarding the rights of voters, especially populations that are traditionally targeted by voter suppression. This is Rep. Fudge’s current civil rights priority.
- Protecting Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security from budgetary cuts and unfair characterizations; and
- Supporting updates and improvements to the Sustainable Growth Rate.
- Increasing access to high quality public education, particularly for those children in underperforming subgroups;
- Improving higher education opportunities;
- Ensuring that accountability standards are maintained in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act; and
- Decreasing education disparities (i.e. supporting closure of the achievement gap and promoting educational equity among all).
- Tracking and addressing present day challenges, such as foreclosure mitigation and prevention; and
- Promoting redevelopment and rebuilding in communities hardest hit by the foreclosure crisis.